Ugoburo.ca warrants that products sold online by Ugoburo.ca are free from defects in materials or workmanship for the period of time indicated below. This limited warranty covers any product, part, or component that fails under ordinary use during the warranty period as a result of a defect in materials or workmanship and is valid only for the original purchaser and terminates when the product is transferred, sold or modified. This limited warranty begins on the date the product is purchased and continues as stated below:
- Ordinary use - users up to 250 pounds - 8 hours / 5 days per week: Lifetime
- Intensive use models - users weight up to 350 pounds - 24hrs - multiple work shifts: Lifetime
- Foam/textiles/vinyl/leather/mesh/electrical devices: 5 Years
- Controls and mechanisms/pneumatic cylinders: 10 Years
- Models: Ibex, Pacer, Carbon, Xenith, Keno, Retro, Allez, Geo, Mackenzie, Yoho, Panda, Dori, Centro
- Ordinary use - users up to 225 pounds -- 8 hours / 5 days per week: 5 years
- Upholstery: 2 years
- Pneumatic lift, casters, mechanism, plastic components: 2 years
- Frame and all non-moving metal components: 5 years
Laminate Desks, Tables and Modular System Furniture
- Ordinary use - 8 hours / 5 days per week.
- Particle board and laminate: 25 years
- Ball bearing sliding mechanisms for drawers: 20 years
- Locks: 10 years
- Height adjustable worksurface mechanisms: 5 years
- Panel fabric/electrical devices/casters: 5 years
- Monitor arms/footrests/CPU holders: 10 years
- Keyboard systems/lighting: 5 years
- Light bulbs and power system regulators are not covered by this warranty
Pursuant to this limited warranty, if a product is defective in materials or workmanship, Ugoburo.ca will repair or, at Ugoburo.ca’s option, replace the affected product at no charge, or refund the purchase price of the affected product if repair or replacement is not commercially practicable or cannot be carried out in a timely manner. In the event of a defect in materials or workmanship, these are your exclusive remedies.
A product “defect” means an inadequacy in the materials or workmanship of the product that existed at the time when the product was shipped by Ugoburo.ca or it's authorized business partner AND that causes the product to fail to perform under ordinary use in accordance with the materials and documentation accompanying the product.
"Ordinary use” means use of the product in conformance with all applicable local, provincial or federal laws, codes and regulations (including without limitation building and/or electrical codes) AND in accordance with manufacturer recommendations and/or instructions in the materials and documentation accompanying the product when shipped.
This limited warranty does not apply to product failure or loss resulting from:
- Normal wear and tear
- High-wear items such as glides, casters, locks and handles
- Abuse, misuse, or accident
- Alteration or modification or wrong assembly of the product
- The substitution of any unauthorized non-origin components for use in the place of manufacturer’s components in an integrated product solution; such substitute components include but are not limited to worksurfaces, leg supports, panels, brackets, shelves, overhead bins, and other integral components
The following products and materials are not covered by this warranty:
- Products considered consumables (e.g., lamps)
- Variations occurring in surface materials (e.g., colourfastness or matching grains, products in contact of water containing chemical or abrasive content, textures and colours across dissimilar substrates and lots). Slight variations in colour may occur between dye lots. Although manufacturers attempt to minimize these variances, they do occur and must be accepted as normal and will not be considered defects.
This limited warranty does not cover consequential damages (for example, the cost of repairing or replacing other property that is damaged when your product fails, or injuries). This warranty does not cover transportation to and from Ugoburo.ca or any manufacturer to get warranty service; loss of time; loss of use; or other incidental damages. The implied warranty of merchantability (an unwritten warranty that the product is fit for ordinary use) is expressly limited to the duration of this limited warranty.
To Prevent Product Failure and Possible Injury
Ensure that the appropriate product selection is made for the intended use of the chair including users weight and size. Some chairs are not recommended for user over a certain weight (i.e. 250 pounds or 350 pounds). Please refer to our Return Policy in the case of an error in product selection.
Frequently inspect office chairs for visible cracks and tighten all screws, bolts and adjustable knobs. If the chair is damaged or unstable, immediately remove it from service and have it professionally repaired.
Any information or suggestions concerning applications, specifications or compliances with codes and standards is provided solely for your convenient reference and without any representation as to accuracy or suitability. Ugoburo.ca disclaims any legal responsibility. The user must verify and test the suitability of any information or products for his specific application.
Ugoburo.ca makes no warranty that any of its products are suitable for any particular purpose and makes no other warranties, express or implied, other than those set out here. In no event shall Ugoburo.ca be liable in either tort or contract for any loss or direct, special, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages.