Here are some tips to help you determine if your workspace will easily accommodate your new furniture. For example, will there be enough space? How accessible is the space? A winding stairwell, a narrow corridor or a small elevator can present unexpected obstacles. The success of your furniture project will depend on your ability to properly plan the delivery. We therefore suggest the following approach:
- Take detailed measurements of your furniture before buying.
- Cut a piece of cardboard in the shape and dimensions of your new office furniture, or mark the floor with tape to help you visualize the space it will occupy in the room.
- Locate your new office furniture near electrical outlets to simplify the management of equipment cables.
- Ensure minimal access to natural light.
- Allow enough free space for you to move around the room with safety and fluidity.
- Show the deliverymen the best path between your entrance and the room in which you plan to install your office furniture.
- Measure the height and width of entrances, and doors and corridors along the way, and ensure that the new furniture will be able to pass.
- Don't forget the height of ceilings, the dimensions and slope of stairs, and hanging lights.
- Before delivery, remove any paintings or decorations on walls and any obstacle between the entrance and the room where the office furniture will be installed, in order to avoid accidents.
- If you work in a building with an elevator, measure the height of the door and the space inside, to make sure that your furniture will enter correctly. Don't overload the elevator.
By following these simple tips, you can be ensured of a trouble-free delivery of your office furniture! If you have any questions or would like more tips to properly install your office furniture, don't hesitate to consult us. Our experts will be pleased to advise you!